Founded in 2013 and based in New York, Relic Pictures produces artistically significant and commercially appealing independent films.
Our love of film and business-minded approach to filmmaking allows us to connect the creative and financial worlds, fostering a trusting and collaborative environment that serves filmmakers and brings success to investors.
Identifying Successful Projects
- High quality scripts are selected for their creative and commercial merits.
- Films are brought to life through partnerships and relationships with other successful filmmakers.
- Various investment vehicles are used to accommodate individual risk preferences and time horizons.
Adding Value to Filmmaker Partnerships
Why do our partners love working with us?
- Hands on production involvement and creative collaboration.
- Access to our network of production specialists - lawyers, crew, other filmmakers, etc.
- Emphasis on long-term relationships.
- Swift mobilization of our investor network.
- Expertise in social media and crowdfunding campaigns.
Relic Pictures projects include:
- Producers of Katie Says Goodbye, which was selected to IFPs Narrative Lab and is now in post-production. The film stars Olivia Cooke, Mireille Enos, Christopher Abbott, Mary Steenburgen and Jim Belushi.
- Executive Producers of Here Alone, an apocalyptic thriller that premiered at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival winning the coveted Audience Award. Here Alone stars Lucy Walters, Gina Persanti Adam David Thompson and is directed by Rod Blackhurst.
- Executive Producers of Dean which won Best Narrative Feature Award when premiering at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival. Written and directed by comedian Demetri Martin, Dean stars Gillian Jacobs and Kevin Kline.
- Executive Producers of The Fixer, which premiered at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival. Directed by Ian Olds and starring Dominic Rains, Melissa Leo and James Franco,
- Executive Producers of Mr. Pig, starring Danny Glover and Maya Rudolph under the direction of Diego Luna, Mr. Pig premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.
- Producers of Sundance NEXT Audience Award Winner James White (2015), Borderline Films' fifth feature and Josh Mond's directorial debut, starring Christopher Abbott, Cynthia Nixon, Kid Cudi, and Ron Livingston
- Producers of The Preppie Connection (2015), based on the true story of a prep school drug ring in the 1980's, directed by Joseph Castelo and starring Thomas Mann, Lucy Fry, and Logan Huffman
- Executive Producers of The Heart Machine (2014), which premiered at SXSW film festival and stars John Gallagher Jr. and Kate Lyn Sheil. Released theatrically and VOD by Film Buff in October 2014.